The Great War forever altered the balance of the world events. War, peace, production, exploration, conquest, national interest, etc. would never be the same again. The Great War had another result that went unseen for almost a decode. It changed the description of what the citizen looked for in their leaders.
Being the leader of the nation depended more on that person's personality than their ability to govern.
XP: 4 Objectives: 1. Students will develop an understanding of how personality influences choice.
2. Students will evaluate leadership in the context of personality
Part 1: Directions a. Read the lyrics for Cult of Personality and for each verse and chorus explain what the lyrics are saying. b. Take the Myers Briggs Personality test and record your personality type.
1. What is the cult of personality? How does it influence how we choose our leaders?
2. What does a personality tell us about how we would react to certain situations?
3.Were Franklin Roosevelt and Winston Churchill Totalitarians, why or why not?
4. Adolf Hitler ascribed to the idea of Fascism while Joseph Stalin Communism, both wereTotalitarians. What, if any, are the differences between Fascists and Communism? Both were Totalitarians, why couldn't Stalin and Hitler get along? Research the underlined terms and then answer the question.
5. Were Franklin Roosevelt and Winston Churchill Totalitarians, why or why not?